PC Field Technician
Contract – 1 year
What is the job description?
The IT Workplace Support Technician is responsible for the installation, maintenance (both hardware and software) and project support of leased and purchased PCs, laptops and printers. These systems are installed, maintained and repaired in accordance with established standards, service levels, and operational processes. This includes installing and supporting Panasonic Toughbooks and mounting hardware in company vehicles.
What are the must-have skills?
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair PC hardware, operating systems, mobile devices and, associated peripheral and software components
- Proficient supporting Windows 10, MS Office and mobile devices
- Ability to work independently, self-starter with good time management skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Must have good verbal and written communications skills
- Experience supporting mobile devices
- Two years' experience in computer systems or information technology
What are the nice to have skills?
- Experience with Remedy Incident reporting
- Asset management experience
- Project Management
What does the day to day look like?
Imaging computers, scheduling installations with business partners, driving to business partner sites and swapping out computers, working with business partners over the phone or on-site to resolve pc problems, updating Remedy incidents, receiving computer shipments, preparing and scheduling returns of old equipment, assisting with technology projects as needed, answering business partner questions.
How will the contractor be using their technical skills?
To resolve desktop and mobile device hardware/software problems remotely, hardware repair of desktops and laptops, assist business partner with PC/mobile device support.
Is telecommuting an option?
Is travel required?
Travel around to various offices in the north and east metro Atlanta area as needed, depending on PC lease install volume and business partner demand (75%).
What is your anticipated hire date?
The PC Support Technician is responsible for the installation, maintenance (both hardware and software) and project support of leased and purchased PCs, laptops and printers. These systems are installed, maintained and repaired in accordance with established standards, service levels, and operational processes.
- Two-year degree (college/technical/vocational) or equivalent hands-on experience in computer systems or information technology is preferred.
- Understanding of local area networks in a VoIP environment is required.
- Knowledge of and ability to troubleshoot and repair PC hardware, operating systems, and associated peripherals and software components.
- Must have proficiency with Windows 10 and MS Office.
- Ability to work independently, self-starter with good time management skills.
- Must have good verbal and written communications skills.
- Responsible for interfacing with customers to schedule work and ensure that customer expectations are met upon completion of work.
- Responsible for interfacing with other IT groups related to problems and installations as appropriate.
- Responsible for managing and effectively prioritizing many work requests.
- Responsible for maintaining current images on media. Responsible for keeping abreast of current installation procedures.
- Responsible for understanding and adhering to billing and performance processes and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate equipment inventories.
- Responsible for installing standard, endorsed or certified off the shelf software and/or hardware devices, and provide minimal onsite training to get the client started.
- Responsible for operating a company vehicle in a safe manner. Responsible for performing monthly vehicle safety inspections.
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently without supervision
- Follows safe work practices and fosters a safe workplace.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Seeks opportunities to learn and demonstrates initiative to maintain a working knowledge of our changing IT environment.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
Daily travel around service territory required
For immediate consideration please contact Denise Wicks at contact button below or call 770-346-7205.
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed