QA Test Lead
6+ month contract
Remote to start – Atlanta, GA
QA Test Lead Job Description:
We are looking for an IT QA Test Lead who ideally, has a strong utility domain background, with test lead experience. Some technical experience in Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing (CC&B) and other Customer Experience and Field Operations applications used by Gas Companies is a nice to have. Time will be split across both Test Planning – ensuring the testing scope will fully flex functionality as designed; and Test Execution – facilitating Pass/Fail UAT execution and Defect Mgmt.
QA Test Lead Summary/Description:
- Work closely with Program or Project Manager(s) to ensure a good understanding of the functional changes (the scope to be tested) for a given Program, Project, or Release.
- Work closely with the Build Team to understand the widget level of technical changes that will be delivered from Build into Test.
- Conduct Test and Defect Management for a specific Project / Release, including Testing Status Reporting for the entire testing life cycle.
- Coordinate formal review and approvals of all testing deliverables as required by SDLC internal controls.
- For Programs and large project initiatives:
§ Test Strategy creation to define overall testing approach including multiple stages / different types of testing.
§ Working with Infrastructure Teams to confirm environment needs, coordinate environment builds, & environment verifications.
§ Coordinating multiple testing initiatives concurrently.
- Technical Testing: For smaller scope projects / releases, the IT Test Lead may be requested to engage with IT Technical Testing. If so:
§ Test Planning: Estimate Assembly Testing efforts and either author or review the Assembly Test Plan.
§ Test Execution: Coordinate Assembly Testing activities. Work closely with IT Development and QA teams on env prep, test execution, and defect management. May perform informal on-line testing.
- Functional Testing:
§ Test Planning: Author the Test Plan (Functional, Integration, & Regression = UAT). Assist with estimating business time for test scripting and test execution – both effort and duration. Obtain resources and manage the work. Work closely with Business Test Lead(s) to ensure that test scripts adequately cover the breadth of scenarios needed to fully flex functionality. Determine and estimate IT App/Dev activities needed to support the testing. Request resources. Obtain resources and manage the work.
§ Test Prep work: Coordinate testing prep work such as Account Selection activities, data prep to mock-up accounts, or the gathering or mock-up of batch input files.
§ Test Execution: Approve migrations into test regions and coordinate all testing activities. Work closely with business team(s) on scripted test execution. Work closely with IT QA on env prep, batch execution, and review of defined metrics, including coordinating Regression discrepancy analysis.
- Defect Management: Break / Fix during Test Execution:
· Assess, triage, and assign defects.
· Coordinate IT Break/Fix Analysts (technical staff) throughout the Defect Mgmt. life cycle, following-up with staff as needed to ensure defects are moving through the process timely.
§ Conduct or assist with root cause analysis and determine resolutions for defects found in testing (defects raised either from failed tests or raised from batch abends, error mgmt., and regression discrepancies).
- Recommend & implement approved testing process improvements.
- Testing experience across large, complex Programs: Authoring Testing Strategies & coordinating testing across multiple Tracks or Pillars concurrently.
- Demonstrated ability to author large, complex Test Plans that require integration of multiple applications, external business partners, and vendors.
- Demonstrated leadership having led: Business resources in User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Technical resources through (IT) System Integration Testing (SIT) and having coordinated Defect Mgmt. process and Break/Fix resolution.
- Cross-functional testing experience, including Test Management Metrics & Status Reporting.
- Good communication skills and follow-ups on open items, with both internal project teams and external business partners or vendors
- Strong troubleshooting / problem solving skills
- Process oriented, detail oriented, and quality focused
- SQL fluent
- Data Analysis skills
- HP Application Lifecycle Mgmt. (ALM) testing tool knowledge
- HP Quick Test Professional (QTP) / Unified Functional Testing (UFT) knowledge is a plus.
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed