Contract to Hire / Direct Hire | Atlanta, GA
Synergis’ client, a premier North American consumer and commercial services company, has engaged us in a search for a Global Infrastructure Architect to join their growing team! The infrastructure architect leads and is responsible for advanced engineering and design of our client’s hybrid compute infrastructure consisting of cloud and on premise physical and virtual resources. The successful candidate must have a broad view of the entire organization as it will be responsible for driving infrastructure strategy as well as interfacing with all levels of IT and leadership.
Infrastructure Architect Background and Scope
- Have a “get it done” mentality with a career that has demonstrable success as an integration engineer.
- Lead in “matrix structure” and work in a team environment developing enterprise IT infrastructure strategy.
- Experience architecting medium to large scale environments and create detailed plans for the integration of new systems architecture into existing infrastructure, including plans for the scope of responsibility includes the analysis of existing and new systems to ensure they offer adequate functionality, security, compliance, scalability and are effectively meeting the needs of the organization.
- Recommend alternative technologies or improvements to enhance information systems in support organizational goals
- Leads the design and review processes for new systems and documents the proposed technical solutions for the integration and implementation.
- Acts as an expert for infrastructure teams in the plan, design, and delivery of IT solutions.
- Participates as a SME in technical architecture and design review sessions and project presentations.
- Leads presentations for specific projects or initiatives
- Drives short & long term architecture strategy for the overall IT Infrastructure project portfolio for key business segments.
- Participates in proof of concepts to assist in defining technology direction and enabling business strategy.
- Lead engineering teams in the product selection and POC process
- Understand current and future business needs
- Review current capabilities and ensure we can support the business effectively
- Complete Proof of Concept implementations as required
- Understand the total cost of ownership for each tool
- Develops enterprise standards to ensure compatibility and integration of multi-vendor platforms.
- Design and develop infrastructure blueprints for the implementation of new solutions to optimize high availability, and network/system performance within supported parameters, maximizing the effectiveness of hardware and software resource management.
- Responsible for impact analysis and design modifications to existing systems to support new solutions.
- Maintain a common documentation library of standardized procedures and configurations
- Plan for the future use of Systems hardware and software, services, technologies, applications, and standards and coordinates installation and implementation of Systems hardware and software according to department standards and procedures.
- Drive the documentation of systems architecture, design, change management and ongoing review of system configurations in collaboration with relevant team members
- Work as liaison between other department managers and supervisors when coordinating design/build activities for any particular project or solution.
- Continually evaluate systems and solutions to ensure they maintain the functionality and compliance goals.
- Provides mentorship and direction through technical subject matter expertise to staff responsible for integration of software and hardware applications.
- Performs other job-related duties as necessary.
Infrastructure Architect Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- 15+ years of hands on, practical experience in Information Technology and Infrastructure Administration with:
- Storage (SAN)
- Public Cloud
- Active Directory
- Enterprise monitoring tools
- Back-up strategies
- Data Center operations
- Mobile devices
- Server technologies
- Experience in building cost effective solutions
- Ability to discuss & understand general infrastructure technologies in depth as well as having multiple specialties that are within the minimum skills listed above
- Ability to elicit and communicate technical and non-technical information in a clear and concise manner, who excels at solving problems and thinking creatively.
- Experience with across multiple technologies, new and legacy
- Subject matter expert with:
- Active Directory Domain Services and Group Policy
- Microsoft Azure service stack and server platforms (on premise and cloud)
- Citrix XenApp, XenDesktops
- Backup systems
- Network and Storage Area Network.
- Subject matter expert with Cisco network and technologies, SD-WAN, Linux and Unix.
- Project management experience
- Thorough understanding of security, SOX and GDPR compliance standards
- Experience designing, integrating, and managing complex infrastructure solutions with an ability to delivery technical system solutions that meet business needs
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
- Ability to communicate and have good team building skills. Self-motivator and strong leadership qualities, multitasking and problem resolution
Senior Network Engineer Other:
- Any offer of employment will be contingent on the successful completion of a full background check and drug screen
- Onsite in a business casual environment, with some option for remote / flex time
- Local Atlanta based candidates only
About Our Client
As our client does more than just connect producers to retailers, food service providers, and consumers. Their comprehensive services culminate from almost 120 years of delivering value and innovation – and from leading the temperature-controlled warehousing and logistics industry with the solutions their customers need.
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed