Job Title: IT Business Analyst
Duration: 6 months
Location: Remote/On-Site (Once Office Reopens)
Serves as a liaison between business users and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs. Possesses expertise in the business unit(s) they support, as well as, an understanding of the IT organization’s systems and capabilities. Analyzes business unit’s operations to determine opportunities to automate processes and functions. Works independently and recommends solutions that help solve business problems with IT solutions. Participates in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology. Translates high level business requirements into functional specifications for the IT organization and manages changes to such specifications. Possesses an understanding of technological trends and uses this knowledge to bring solutions to business units supported to enhance the enterprise’s competitive edge. Must be able to work independently on all tasks and provide solutions.
MAJOR ACTIVITIES TO ENSURE ACHIEVEMENT OF KEY RESULTS AND DELIVERABLES
- Define the business problem and primary objectives of new projects. Identify and validate the key business requirements.
- Analyze and model the business domain to create a complete picture of workflows and technical requirements fulfilled by existing and proposed software.
- Lead cross-functional business process re-engineering teams and continuous improvement efforts.
- Create functional requirements and use cases. Coordinate requirements walk-through and signoffs, verifying with user representatives/stakeholders that use cases and process models accurately portray specific business needs.
- Assist Project lead with scope definition, define objectives of projects and establish communication channels.
- Define project requirements and communications to ensure that final deliverables of technical team meet the expectations of the end users.
- Solution assessment and validation is one of the main roles of a business analyst as it should be ensured that there are no gaps in the requirement process to the development & testing.
- Facilitate interactions between the developers and module leads to ensure that needs and expectations of user are effectively communicated to technical staff.
- Supervise & participate in testing phases to ensure compliance with business users’ requirements.
- Ensure quality assurance is delivered. Create, organize, and validate test cases, track testing status with a traceability matrix, and reports bugs to project team with thorough analysis.
- Leads User Acceptance Testing and supports with any end-user training needs through launch.
- Supervise change management process after the implementation of software systems
KEY RESULTS AND DELIVERABLES (WHAT DOES SUCCESS LOOK LIKE)
- Successful execution of project methodology for IT projects
- Provides expertise regarding the integration of applications across the business.
- Understands and consistently applies the attributes and processes of current application development methodologies.
- Viewed both internally and externally as a technical expert and critical technical resource across multiple disciplines.
- 4-5 years of Experience in Sales processes in CPG Industry.
- Experience in SAP SD, CRM or sales cloud is huge plus.
- Experience in documenting business requirements, uses cases and defining solutions. Knowledge of SAP Landscape and technical architecture is s plus.
- Expert understanding and previous experience with standard project management methodologies and delivery approaches (waterfall and agile) including the frameworks outlined by PMI and Scrum Alliance.
- Extensive working experience with relevant business process engineering and scoping tools (Visio, JIRA, Confluence, Excel, InVision, Balsamiq, etc.) and how to apply them practically based on the project needs.
- An understanding level knowledge of technical architecture, application systems design and integration · Experience participating in technology market scans and vendor RFP exercises · Experience and ability working in projects of varying sizes, complexities, and team structures.
- Experience and exposure to a range of technical environments and projects, including: IT Infrastructure, the software development lifecycle, cloud-based solutions (AWS preferred), database engineering, data analytics, and insights reporting.
- Experience working with highly governed testing for technology solutions; experience with testing tools and in test automation a plus (e.g. X-Ray, Selenium, Cucumber).
- Must have demonstrated strong communication and reporting skills with all levels of the project organization to align progress, issues, and decisions.
- Must have a track-record of delivering value through mission-critical projects.
- Experience working for a global company preferred
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed