Title: ISP Project Manager
Location: Irvine, CA
Duration: 12+ month contract (possible extensions to 2 years)
The project manager will work with a team of project managers and vendors to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget while meeting or exceeding network standards for quality workmanship and system performance. These projects will span engineering, construction, operations, and last mile customer rollout. You will ensure the vendors execute against strategic priorities set by our regional and metro deployment leads. The projects range from overseeing vendor capacity, managing deployment and budgets, documenting workflows, to ensuring progress is met on key initiatives. The ideal candidate mixes tenacity, organizational skills, strong communication and leadership. You are great at juggling tasks, ensuring deliverables are met across multiple work streams and are an effective cross functional leader.
With the team, you’ll work on cross-product and cross-team initiatives, working closely with the metro Deployment Lead and cross-functional team members to refine and successfully complete our projects, as well as deploy new technologies to markets and communities. You like being on-the-ground, executing complex projects that bring internet access to people.
Candidate will be working extensively with 3rd party vendors/suppliers. This position requires excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. The role involves a lot of different moving parts. The candidate will need to be able to take direction involving strategy and execution, but be self-motivated with strong critical thinking skills (the candidate should be able to take a problem presented and problem-solve for solutions and determine a plan for next steps needed).
Candidate does not necessarily need to be a subject-matter expert, but strong project management experience is required
1. Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Business, Telecommunications, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
2. Experience in Telecommunications, or a related field.
3. An established track record and experience in successfully managing contracts, invoicing, scheduling projects, cost engineering, budgeting, forecasting costs, project reporting (costs, status and risks) and procurement.
4. Strong communication skills.
***3 – 5+ years of overall experience required***
***2 – 3 years of telecom/wireless experience needed***
1. PMP or other similar qualification
2. 2 to 3 years of experience with fiber network deployments, including experience with constructing new outside and inside plant fiber infrastructure, and FTTH infrastructure.
3. Familiar with GIS (Geographic Information Systems) and database management including AutoCAD, ESRI, and/or shape file functionality.
4. Knowledge of Fiber network drawings, route maps and scopes of work and interpreting fiber test results and auditing projects for compliance with scopes of work.
5. Experience in operational improvement and process/workflow development.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed