Title: Learning Designer
Location: Ann Arbor, MI Chicago, IL OR NYC
Duration: 1 year
As a Learning Designer, you drive development of multiple workstreams related to learning programs. You serve as a subject-matter specialist in digital learning, with comprehensive knowledge of our client's learning programs, and knowledge needs for employees. You leverage your learning experience design, curriculum design, and performance consulting skills, along with your advanced knowledge of instructional design principles in order to drive instructional design and quality, build relationships with key stakeholders, and design learning journeys.
Top Daily Responsibilities:
- Apply creativity, problem solving, and design methods and skills to come up with innovative digital learning solutions to meet user and business needs, ensuring they are accessible and inclusive for a global audience.
- Choose appropriate instructional strategies and content modalities for defined learning challenges with vague solutions to accomplish specific performance objectives. Build and execute cross-functional learning strategies and plans based on identification and definition of learning needs and objectives.
- Identify desired cross-functional learning and performance objectives, ensuring that objectives measure observable changes to knowledge, skills, behaviors, or attitudes.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to secure and manage budget, resources, and technology to deliver on learning experience vision. Brief vendors and other partners based on product vision and team best practices.
- Define website structures by creating sitemaps, wireframes, navigational systems
- Creation of prototypes
- Analyze needs and design scalable learning solutions
- Develop facilitator guides, job aids, web content, and evaluation strategies
- Identify learning and performance objectives
- Evaluate quantitative and qualitative aspects of learning programs
- Build-out and maintain a sustainable user-friendly and engaging web presence
-B.A. or B.S. in Instructional Design (or related) with 6+ years of relevant experience.
-Demonstrated familiarity with adult learning principles, learning design methods, design thinking, user experience, impact measurement techniques, and digital learning platforms.
-Ability to manage projects and advance activities across multiple concurrent workstreams.
-Ability to communicate complex concepts concisely and clearly.
-Ability to multi-task and work under pressure while adhering to deadlines in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment
-Proficiency in instructional design tools and systems.
-Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a dedicated team spirit Ability to quickly adapt to change and deal with ambiguity
Advanced knowledge of current and emerging adult learning theory and its application in corporate learning.
Experience writing and designing training materials for in-person and online delivery.
Ability to successfully influence stakeholders within a complex business environment.
Excellent critical reasoning, writing, and editing skills.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed