Job Title: Hardware Test Engineer
Job Category: IT/Engineering
Worker Location: SCV, Santa Clara Valley. CA, USA *All Onsite 5 days per week*
Responsible for planning, implementing, and reporting on testing aspects of software products/projects. Develop test
plans in coordination with product development and create test cases based on these requirements. Implement
testing plans and test cases and present testing results. Create use cases, develop and maintain test specifications,
test cases, test scripts and test data, implement test practices, standards and processes, troubleshoot test issues,
record test results, track and prioritize defects, participate in release decisions and establish measures of test
efficiency, effectiveness and product readiness. Experience with a test tracking software package is desired.
Seeking an experienced Hardware Test Engineer to support EFFA screening operations. The ideal candidate has a
demonstrated track record of managing multiple hardware test stations utilized in manufacturing or failure analysis
screening. Successful candidates are capable of setting up test equipment and developing scripting solutions or have
experience in Filemaker coding
• Set up, qualify and maintain hardware test stations.
• Set up new Lab and Failure Analysis equipment, as necessary.
• Monitor and audit test equipment and escalate issues to appropriate engineering teams.
• Lead interactions with development teams during the setup of test stations requiring custom configuration.
• Work with the Hardware Test Engineers to resolve issues with test equipment and machine recipes.
• Work with the analysis team to maintain and present test data.
• Prepare records, charts, and graphs for presentation of results to engineering, operations, and management
• Automate repetitive processes to assist in the management of the lab.
Experience with MacOS/Unix Command Line, MacOS & Server, FileMaker Application Programming is a distinct
advanage. Software coding skills for test equipment- scripting language – Python etc.
Nice to Have Skills:
• Factory testing hardware
• Replication of test equipment line
• Equipment is shipped over from factories and they use it test products that get returned
• Working on factory hardware test equipment
• Substitute would be lab test equipment.
• 2 to 5 years of relevant experience in consumer electronics industry preferred
• Proven track record successfully supporting service or production screening operations with Test
Engineering and/or Product Quality responsibilities.
• Passion for hardware debugging and identifying root cause.
• Experience qualifying and maintaining test processes and screening procedures to support new product
• Ability to identify and communicate improvements for current test, operations, and business processes.
• Strong analytical skills. Experience with statistical analysis tools.
• Experience automating repetitive processes. Python, AppleScript, Ruby or similar scripting language.
• Strong solution focused work ethic with a high degree of flexibility supporting multiple projects of varying
complexity and priority.
• Previous success working with cross-functional/interdisciplinary teams.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Extreme attention to detail.
• Ability to travel as required.
English language proficiency and computer skills are required.
Minimum years of 5 years of experience.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
BS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science preferred.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed