Client: The Giving Assistant
Location: San Francisco, CA
Duration: FULL TIME
Front End Engineering Manager – Local Team
*REMOTE* However, This person needs to be able to work Pacific Time and comfortable to travel to SF 2 to 3 times a year should California open up.
Our client is a fast growing, mission-driven, for-profit, Certified B Corporation. In
just 5 years, we envision a shopping economy where giving back is easy, and every
purchase makes a difference no matter where you shop. Consumers will expect and
demand nothing less. The winning companies will not only offer great products, they will
also invest in the social and environmental missions that matter most to their customers.
We believe shopping and giving go together. We know that consumers shop more when
they support a cause they love. That's why we have committed our team, partnerships,
and technology to transform the collective power of consumer shopping into a new
sustainable source of giving.
Giving Assistant empowers brands to enhance the shopping experience with
personalized giving as a way to help consumers create impact, with each purchase. To
date, our platform has generated over $5 million in donations to tens of thousands of
To transform the collective power of consumer shopping into a new sustainable source
Our Core Values:
● Work Smart, Live Well
● Do More with Less
● Be a Team Player
● Uphold Integrity & Transparency
● Inspire Giving
● Own the Experience
Be part of a new wave of change taking place across industries. With Web 1.0, online
replaced offline businesses. In Web 2.0, niche-focused players took on the e-commerce
giants. Giving Assistant is part of the next wave, a socially responsible wave, we call it,
Your role will be key in working with our growing team providing back end support for
our suite of products.You will work with the Directors of Engineering, other Engineering
Managers and alongside your peers in kanban fashion to tackle engineering tasks and
As our Full Stack Engineering Manager, you will work very closely with your team to
convert business requirements into implemented tasks. You will develop a deep
understanding of the people, technologies, and practices of your team, and apply your
expertise to planning, prioritization, and execution . You will support the
self-development and career growth of individuals, as well as foster a supportive,
inclusive, and collaborative environment in which people do their best work.
Our business is growing rapidly and presents unique, evolving challenges. You should
thrive in a fast paced environment and be enthusiastic to work in a team of
mission-driven entrepreneurs, including a CEO with an exit.
● Own the efficiency, growth, and delivery of a team, making sure the team is as
productive as possible to complete short term and long term objectives.
● Participate in recruiting, interviewing, on-boarding and development of a high
performing and creative engineering team.
● Manage the career path and goals of your team members, conducting regular
1-on-1s and giving feedback.
● Design, build and deploy several new modules as part of our evolving platform
● Tackle challenging problems by integrating various data sets onto a common
● Help ensure and improve quality including writing integration and unit tests
● Improve and maintain the codebase (fix bugs, refactor, optimize)
● Work with a team of engineers to bring features to our millions of users across
● Collaborate with Experience Designers & Product Managers to iterate on the
design and implementation of our product
● Work with other technical leads to architect and convert business requirements
into actionable tasks
● Participate in creating an effective and enjoyable engineering culture
● 5+ years of experience managing engineering teams
● Proven track record of building and supporting cross-functional teams
● Experience hiring and mentoring leaders across multiple disciplines and domain
● Experience supporting, coaching, mentoring, and developing leaders
● A solid foundation in Computer Science (data structures, algorithms, object
oriented software design).
● Experience helping define user experience
● Proficient understanding of client-side scripting frameworks such as AngularJs,
React, Redux, VanillaJS
● Advanced knowledge of HTTP, REST APIs, websockets
● Familiar with cloud-computing services like AWS, Google App Engine, etc.
● Experience with modern development and management tools like git and
● Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
● B.S. or M.S. in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
● Experience with Agile methodologies & working with JIRA
● Experience working with browser extensions
● Comfortable writing and working with SQL/NoSQL
● Proficiency working with A/B testing
● Experience with gitflow
● Great eye for design
Giving Assistant has a competitive compensation plan that includes:
● A competitive annual salary that factors location in and experience
● Stock options
● Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
● Unlimited Vacation
● Paid parental leave
● Stipend for continuing education
● Have a measurable positive impact on society
● Work with a team of passionate professionals (and a few dogs!) in a new,
beautiful & environmentally friendly skyscraper.
● Pre-tax commuter, dependant care, and health FSAs
● Employer-sponsored 401K
● Cashback donation matching
● Quarterly company retreats and volunteer activities
● Audible membership
● Option to work from home Wednesdays and Fridays
● Weekly company social
● We don’t support < IE10
Please contact Trixie Aballa: firstname.lastname@example.org
Synergis (www.synergishr.com) serves the needs of leading technology firms, carefully matching talent to full-time, contract or project positions. Synergis recruiters have been a driving force of the tech space for over six years. We draw from a wealth of experience with technology staffing, industry best practices and exceptional connections to match candidates with incredible opportunities.
Synergis Creative is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed