9 month contract
This project will require a Data Analyst role with a background that includes significant emphasis on data analysis and ability to analyze large amounts of data for revenue reconciliation and finance data governance.
Functions performed as follows:
- The role will spend the majority of their time analyzing large amounts of legacy data and iterating on this data with the purpose of global alignment.
- This person will also be helping investigate legacy financial reporting and processes, as well as develop requirements for alignment and automation for engineers to build the solution. (e.g. transition from 5-10 year old queries to automated reporting, dashboards, self-service queries within the Cerebro data management platform).
At the completion of Project Cerebro, the Finance and Accounting organization be self-sufficient with the ability to write, run and maintain their own reports, user-friendly, dashboards and finance tools to perform ad hoc analysis. It will be critical to clean-up legacy data, align on data guardrails and normalize reporting practices moving forward.
Areas of Focus:
Finance Data Governance
In order for Project Cerebro to be successful, a significant amount of legacy data requires clean-up. To clean up this data, the Data Analyst will work with the larger project team, as well as cross-functional business owners to identify and align on core issues.
- This resource will analyze and provide the inputs for improvements with the end goal of cleaning the data to get a normalized bottom-level dataset that will not require curation or filtering and will then allow for streamlined analysis, reporting, etc.
Queries and Manual Reporting
- For existing reports or queries, we need to have transparency on the data tables for each report/query including; what columns or attributes are being used, what is the source for this information, are the data tables representing 100% of the source data (or is it filtered?).
- This resource will analyze the existing queries and manual reports and work with the team to standardize globally with the end goal of developing consistent methodologies for reporting leveraging the proper billings/transactions and credit datasets for streamlined and efficient accounting, reporting, analysis, etc.
- Expert in SQL and excel
Looking for someone with 5-7 years of relevant experience
Apply directly through our website, or if interested, please send your resume and contact information to Jenna Carpenter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed