Title: DevOps Engineer
Location: Atlanta, GA (100% remote to start out)
Duration: 6 Month Contract-to-Hire
Client Industry: Communications and Digital Media
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in DevOps? A roll-up-your-sleeves technologist who wants a daily collaborative environment, think-tank feel and share new ideas with your colleagues? Then read on and find your next career path.
· Use your expertise in DevOps methodologies and practices to build a better environment.
· Build new automation to expand and maintain Cloud and On-Premise hosting
· Maintain multiple DevOps environments based on team and client requirements
· Mentoring teams on DevOps best practices
· Identify new tools, processes, and help to implement those to improve the environment
· Collaborate with team members to build and maintain positive, productive team relationships
· Developing positive and long-term relationships with teams involved in the downstream technical processes
· 2+ years of DevOps experience maintaining large-scale infrastructure, supporting production workloads, code deployment pipelines and configuration management
· 2+ years of experience supporting large cloud deployments (AWS, Azure, Google)
· Experience with writing, reading, and general maintenance of Scripting Languages (Python ,Shell, PowerShell)
· Experience with designing, building, and transitioning to operations cloud environments to assist in the migration of on-premises workloads to the cloud using cloud best practices
· Knowledge and understanding of REST, JSON, and other API based systems
· Experience with modern monitoring tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, and other emerging technologies
· Knowledge of industry standard automation tools such as Ansible, Chef and/or Puppet
· Experience with DevOps technologies such as Jenkins, Artifactory, Terraform, Maven, GitHub, including Docker, and Kubernetes
· Experience automating Azure/AWS cloud environments and services
· Experience engineering, working, and supporting both Windows and Linux environments
· Experience working for a media company or supporting media-based workflows is a plus
· Strong technical documentation writing with experience of operational documentation creation is required
· Experience in operationalizing delivered services away from engineering so day to day staff can support
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed