JOB TITLE: Desktop Support Engineer – Level 2
DURATION: 12 Month Contract with possible extension or conversion
CLIENT: Fortune 500 within the consumer and Commercial Services
LOCATION: Atlanta, GA
Synergis’ client, a premier North American consumer and commercial services company, has engaged us in a search for a level 2 Desktop Support Engineer to join their growing team! The Desktop Support role requires the selected candidate to provide the best possible “white glove” customer service by working with customers to resolve their technical related problems in a swift manner as well as providing accurate responses and solutions. The primary responsibility is aiding our clients’ employees that reside at various locations throughout the US. Their multi-site environment consists of 12,000+ users and is largely based on Microsoft technologies. Ability to identify and organize workload (tickets and projects), strong aptitude in OS repairs, spyware removal, virus removal, hardware and software troubleshooting and upgrades is key. This role requires solid skills writing Group Policy (not local Group Policy)
Desktop Support Technician Background and Scope
- Support and deploy company desktops and laptops
- Document resolutions for other teams and team members to use
- Serve as a point of contact and Subject Matter Expert for the team.
- Accurately track all work in ITSM for the benefit of customers and IT
- Support on-going Desktop Support projects
- Ability to occasional work nights and weekends when warranted to complete project
- Recognize when Change Management Requests are required
- Build and maintain application packages for deployment through SCCM
- Evaluate and make recommendations on IT equipment
- Build and maintain positive relationships with supporting teams and vendors
- Participate in building Gold image for company desktops / laptops
- Follow policies and procedures on computer and software deployment and decommissioning
- Function as a point of contact for incidents and service requests from end users by phone, email, and in person
- Ability to present technical information to non-technical personnel
- Communicate effectively with customers, coworkers, and management
- Configure and troubleshoot various equipment and peripherals, including desktops/laptops, printers, iPhones/iPads and more
- Support and configure the software applications like email plugins, CRM system, Outlook / Office365, Internet Explorer, Chrome, timekeeping, customer presentation applications, VPN, and others
- Employ device management tools in supporting users and requested applications
- Cultivate and manage relationships with customers
- Prioritize work and meet deadlines
Desktop Support Technician Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or technical institute degree/certificate in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field preferred
- Experience writing Group Policy (not local Group Policy)
- Recent experience supporting Active Directory
- Three years prior Support Center experience, working in a fast-paced environment directly supporting Desktops and Laptops.
- Proven ability to meet service goals consistently.
- Three years prior Windows administration and Active Directory experience.
- Proficient with PowerShell.
- Demonstrated experience using and creating packages in SCCM.
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) and/or Comp TIA Certifications preferred.
Desktop Support Technician Other:
- Any offer of employment will be contingent on the successful completion of a full background check and drug screen
- Local Atlanta based candidates only
About Our Client
As our client moves forward in the 21st Century, they are constantly challenged to make innovations to improve their sales and service programs through new technologies and processes. They view these as opportunities to increase shareholder value by building recurring revenue and realizing cost efficiencies where appropriate. As a company, they remain committed to providing their customers with the most extraordinary pest and termite control service available today.
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed