Desktop Support Engineer I
6 to 12 month Contract | Atlanta, GA
Synergis’ client, a premier North American consumer and commercial services company, has engaged us in a search for a Support Engineer I to join their growing team! The Support Engineer role requires the selected candidate to provide the best possible “white glove” customer service by working with customers to resolve their technical related problems in a swift manner as well as providing accurate responses and solutions.
Desktop Support Engineer I Competencies:
- Honesty/ Integrity: Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Does what is right, not just what is politically expedient. Speaks plainfully and truthfully.
- Intelligence: Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Attention to Detail: Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Enthusiasm: Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a can-do attitude.
- Organization and Planning: Plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Calm under Pressure: Maintains stable performance when under heavy pressure or stress.
- Persistence: Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Work Ethic: Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard.
Desktop Support Engineer I Background and Scope
- To install and maintain, in good working condition, all client hardware and software, and to provide end user support for their proper use.
- Configure and troubleshoot various equipment and peripherals, including desktops / laptops, printers, iPhones/iPads and more.
- Support and deploy company desktops and laptops
- Support on-going Desktop Support projects
- Support and configure the software applications such as email plugins, CRM system, Office 365, Outlook, Chrome, timekeeping, customer presentation applications, VPN, and others.
- Configure Apple devices in AirWatch.
- Accurately track all work in ITSM for the benefit of customers and IT
- Document resolutions for other teams and team members to use
- Employ device management tools in supporting users and requested applications.
- Ability to occasional work nights and weekends when warranted to complete project
- Occasional deploy application packages through SCCM.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with supporting teams and vendors
- Document resolutions for other teams and team members to use.
- Follow policies and procedures on computer and software deployment and decommissioning
- Function as a point of contact for incidents and service requests from end users by phone, email, and in person
- Ability to present technical information to non-technical personnel
- Communicate effectively with customers, coworkers, and management
Desktop Support Engineer I Requirements
- Degree or technical institute degree / certificate in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field preferred
- 1 to 2+ years prior Support Center experience, working in a fast-paced environment directly supporting Desktops and Laptops, and other personal devices (phones, tablets, etc.)
- 1 to 2+ year experience providing “white glove” Deskside support to all levels of an enterprise organization, up to and including the executive suite
- Proven ability to meet service goals consistently.
- Experience logging and tracking issues in a Ticketing System (ServiceNow experience ideal, but not required
- Knowledge of both Apple / Macintosh and Windows based equipment
- Must be able to demonstrate well-developed organizational and analytical skills.
- Must be able to function in a dynamic environment subject to impromptu changes in schedules and priorities.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to interact positively and productively with associated computer systems users and co-workers.
- Proven ability to meet service goals consistently.
- 6 months+ experience in a direct user support and training environment, to include the use of Word, Excel, Outlook, and database software packages.
- Experienced in the use of Windows 10 and preceding platforms and MS Office, is required
Desktop Support Engineer I Preferred Skills
- Basic PowerShell knowledge preferred, but not required
- Basic SCCM knowledge preferred but again, not required
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) and/or Comp TIA Certifications preferred.
Desktop Support Engineer I Other:
- Any offer of employment will be contingent on the successful completion of a full background check and drug screen
- Flexibility to meet the needs of the team or current project, which sometimes requires nights and weekends.
- Local Atlanta based candidates only
About Our Client
As our client moves forward in the 21st Century, they are constantly challenged to make innovations to improve their sales and service programs through new technologies and processes. They view these as opportunities to increase shareholder value by building recurring revenue and realizing cost efficiencies where appropriate. As a company, they remain committed to providing their customers with the most extraordinary pest and termite control service available today.
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed