Desktop / End User Support Specialist
Contract to Hire | Atlanta, GA
Synergis’ client, a premier North American consumer and commercial services company, has engaged us in a search for (3) End User Support Specialists to join their growing team! The selected candidates will be responsible for resolving semi-complex technical application and end user device service issues. They will act as the primary liaison between their C-Level executives, end users and their Information Technology support teams. These essential team members will provide installation, troubleshooting and repair on a variety of user devices such as Windows desktops / laptops, thin clients, printers, RF Terminals, smart phones, A/V equipment, through VMU’s (Vehicle Mounted Units), and RF Scanners (will provide training on VMU / RF devices)
Desktop / End User Support Specialist Background and Scope
- Provide technical troubleshooting and analysis of the design and installation for new and existing personal computer systems, Cellular telephones, printers, Audio Visual equipment, and RF scanning systems in line with existing end user device related processes.
- Responsible for solving desktop-related problems, Cellular phones, printer problems, end device RF scanning and other peripheral equipment.
- Contacting vendors and other team members for resolution when called for.
- Create and maintain standard documentation to support all end-user device related processes.
- Install, configure and test new and re-issued personal computers under the current end user device imaging standards.
- Lead small to mid-size projects when the need demands
- Assume ownership of Service Desk support tickets
- Accurately document all work in appropriate incident tracking software
- Train users in the use of equipment and software
- Follow migration plans to ensure PC equipment and software remains current.
- Responsible for security, integrity, and reliability of end user devices (desktops / laptops).
- Maintain compliance with software licensing and inventory
- Assist in enforcing computer / electronic communications / voice mail policies.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to applications and basic networking
- Act as escalation point for other team members
- Independently prioritize tasks based on service level agreement criteria or as directed
- Participates or represents department requirements on assigned projects as directed
- Troubleshoot network accounts and other business application access issues until resolved
- Assist users in identifying hardware / software needs and provide advice regarding current options, policies, and procedures
Desktop / End User Support Specialist Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years of recent and related technical experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Windows (All current supported versions) based desktop / laptop and application software – MS Office all versions
- Knowledge and experience with:
- Web-based applications
- Cisco VPN
- Windows Servers OS
- Ability to work in team-oriented environment with strong customer service skills
- Ability to manage shifting priorities easily.
- Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail and strong follow up skills.
- Knowledge on Conference Room A/V equipment
- Knowledge on Collaboration tool such as WebEx / Microsoft Teams
- Ability to administer and maintain remote control Console tools to configure and govern end user devices:
- SCCM for PCs, Print servers
- Mobi for the mobile ruggedized RF devices
- Air watch and apple configurator for Cellular devices and Tablets and
- Vocollect console for voice devices.
- Ability to support assigned Corporate applications with Vendor and team support.
- Knowledge of ticket based support systems
- General knowledge of Ethernet, Wi-Fi networks
- Ability to manage assigned projects to completion
Desktop / End User Support Specialist Preferred:
- Working knowledge of RF scanning systems in an industrial environment (Intermec, Psion & LXE) preferred
- Certifications: A+, Net+, CCNP preferred
Desktop / End User Support Specialist Other:
- Any offer of employment will be contingent on the successful completion of a full background check and drug screen
- Participate in the published “on-call” rotation.
- Travel: up to 20% of US Based Travel for Projects, Customer Summits, and Leadership Conferences to support and be a liaison to IT.
- Onsite in a business casual environment, with some option for remote / flex time
- Local Atlanta based candidates only
About Our Client
As our client does more than just connect producers to retailers, food service providers, and consumers. Their comprehensive services culminate from almost 120 years of delivering value and innovation – and from leading the temperature-controlled warehousing and logistics industry with the solutions their customers need.
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed