Title: Data Scientist
Duration: Initial 6 Month Contract (Possibility of Extension or Direct Hire)
● Extract and analyze data to derive actionable insights
● Formulate success metrics for completely novel products, socializing them and creating dashboards/reports to monitor them
● Design and analyze experiments to test new product ideas and convert the results into actionable product recommendations
● As an end consumer of the data, determine the tracking necessary to enable analytics of our products and features by working closely with product and engineering partners
● Enable others in the organization to utilize your work by onboarding new metrics into our self-serve data system and the experimentation platform
● Develop models and data-driven solutions that add material lift to principal performance metrics
● BS/MS degree in a quantitative discipline: statistics, applied mathematics, operations research, computer science, engineering, economics, etc.
● 2+ years of experience developing applications, software and web analytics
● 2+ years of work experience providing analytical insights and business reports to product or business functions
● 2+ years of experience with Tableau, QlikView, Microstrategy or other data visualization and BI dashboarding tools
● 1+ years of experience programming in Java or Python and working with large datasets
● PhD in a quantitative discipline: statistics, applied mathematics, operations research, computer science, engineering, economics, etc.
● Experience in Hadoop or other MapReduce paradigms and associated languages such as Pig, Sawzall, etc.
● Experience presenting insights to executive staff on a regular basis
● Expertise in applied statistics and in at least one statistical software package, preferably R
● Proficiency in SQL and in a Unix/Linux environment for automating processes with shell scripting
● Advanced skills in Java/C++
● Ability to communicate findings clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
● Ability to translate business objectives into actionable analyses
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed