Data Governance Analyst
6+month contract (full benefits offered)
Looking for a Data Governance Analyst to support our client's Enterprise Data Governance (EDG) team focused on capabilities around data testing, data quality measurement and quality reviews of business process models. Data Testing encompasses end-to-end data testing of both Product and Regulatory Reports and requires the researching and building a detailed understanding of the problem and related data assets based on the original business requirements for the Product under development and/or requirements based on the Regulatory Reports (e.g. FR Y 14Q/M, FR Y 9C, FFIEC etc.). This requires data analysis skills using SAS, SQL and possibly Python and R.
The quality review of business process models requires quality assurance reviews of complex data flow models and communication with stakeholders regarding resolution of quality issues. These business process models are created in the SAP PowerDesigner tool.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Effectively work in matrixed team of Data Governance Analysts in support of the development and delivery of capabilities to address a specific business and/or regulatory need.
• Research and build a detailed understanding of the problem and related data assets in order to code the data processing and analysis.
• Light development coding.
• Ensure that the data used follows the compliance, access management and control policies of the company while meeting the data governance requirements of the business.
• Work with business and technical groups to support the collection, integration and retention of the data sources and/or process flows.
• Apply data visualization and summarization techniques to the analytical results.
• Interpret and communicate the results in a manner that is understood by the business.
• Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
• 7+ years related technical experience and 5+ years analytical experience in the Banking/Financial industry or similar highly regulated industry.
• Proficiency with a statistical programming language such as R and SAS.
• Proficiency with Python, and SQL programming languages.
• Experience performing Testing and Process Quality Assurance
• Proficiency with MS Excel
• Requires confidence and the ability to clearly document quality assurance gaps.
• Strong work ethic and attention to detail when completing repetitive tasks.
• Analytical: (e.g. comfortable with data) and can combine an understanding of business objectives, customer needs, and data required to deliver customer experience and business results.
• Intermediate knowledge of data governance, data management, data architecture, data modelling concepts and data governance tooling and the complexities of data in a large financial and/or highly regulated institution.
• Willingness to continuously develop and acquire new technical skills, learn new tools & programming languages and Big Data techniques.
• Proven ability to adjust quickly to shifting priorities, multiple demands, ambiguity and rapid change.
• Effective oral and written communication with the ability for analyzing, slicing and dicing data while deriving significant insights.
• Natural curiosity and self-directed ability to seek out information and meet goals/deadlines.
• Agile experience: Very comfortable following Agile Scrum methodology.
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed