Data Engineer II
6+ month contract with potential to convert to perm (full medical, dental, and vision benefits offered)
Remote start – must be local to Atlanta, GA
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join the Engineering team.
Are you a Data Engineer that enjoys helping business teams make good decisions with data? The work you do will be instrumental in developing our platform especially around building technology and products that makes it possible for us to create, launch and manage mobility service offerings. This is a technical role with strong software engineering experience.
What You'll Do
· As the Data Engineer, you will lead the technical efforts to build the Data Warehouse and leveraging mainly Open source and Cloud technologies
· Architect data pipelines and ETL jobs to ingest and transform data from different sources into other forms for Analytics and Business Intelligence, reporting tools, streams and pipelines.
· Deliver dashboards providing key metrics to both internal and external customers
· Define and implement architecture to enable outflow of data to our customers
· 2-5 years’ experience working with data
· Strong programming skills in Python or other high level languages like Java
· Strong SQL query writing skills including ability to address query performance issues
· Experience identifying the right tools and designing a data warehouse from scratch
· Experience communicating with business users and helping them articulate requirements
Nice to Haves
· Delivering software working in an Agile environment
· Experience using Postgres, Redshift, Kafka, Elastic Map Reduce or Snowflake
· Exposure to machine learning algorithms and data science
· Familiarity with NoSQL databases and Big Data technologies
· Experience with best in class commercial BI tools
· BS in Computer Science or equivalent Analytics background
If interested, please email Jenna Carpenter: email@example.com or apply directly through our website.
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed