Position: Data & Analytics Analyst
Location: East Los Angeles, CA
Contract: 18 Month Contract to Hire
Our client's primary mission is to make the world a
better place! We take on big problems to make Southern California a global
leader in clean energy production for current and future generations.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the
opportunity to help. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative
spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Researches, analyzes, and interprets complex data, develops alternatives and presents findings and recommendations in support of business unit and corporate operations. Manages and/or administers key activities in support of specific programs and/or large projects. Monitors expenditures for assigned programs/projects. Performs cost/benefit and trend analysis for assigned programs/projects. Develops and/or revises departmental program policies, procedures, processes, and guidelines to satisfy Company and regulatory requirements. Acts as a consultant to management on specific programs and/or functional areas.
Area of Responsibility:
Gathers documents, analyzes, and draws conclusions on complex data, processes and information after considering alternatives through independent research and analysis. Acts as key resource or consultant to department and division management, customers, and client organization on specific project, program, functional, or strategic issues with moderate to broad impact where subject matter expertise goes beyond established procedures and practices and requires analysis and decision making. Develops and may conduct training for assigned programs. Provides support of agile project management methodology for Scrum Masters.
As an independent analyst or in a lead capacity, plans, develops, and coordinates the design and implementation of mid to large-sized projects or a component of these projects. May manage a key program or project component in support of overall functional or project initiatives. Prepares detailed and complex analysis and recommendations in support of major program, project, or business unit and corporate goals after careful consideration of several alternatives developed from independent internal and external research in support of key programs, projects, contracts, or business unit goals. Develops recommendations in support of key strategic initiatives. Develops solutions to problems of major scope and complexity. Develops and makes presentations to department and business unit management, customers, and other interested parties. May provide functional direction to others.
Decision Making & Impact
Makes decisions or recommendations as to significant or complex business issues after considering various, independently analyzed alternatives.
Education, Certifications, and/or Licenses (Minimum Requirements)
Bachelor Degree in Business or related field or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Broad knowledge of project management, agile methodology and operational policies, procedures and practices. Typically possesses five or more years of experience in an analytical position.
Data and Analytics Analyst will:
– Assess potential projects that come in as potentials for advanced analytics by gathering or documenting the current issue / need, the desired outcome and the potential benefits
– Support advanced analytics product teams with analysis including:
– Interface with clients, including senior management, to understand business requirements and design solutions which improve workflow, increase efficiencies in cost and time, and reduce company risk.
– Complete return on investment processes to determine potential savings working with finance
– Conduct thorough impact analysis and ROI calculation before making recommendation to move forward with the advanced analytics work
– Document detailed requirements working with subject matter experts
– Ensure change management project methodologies are in place for product deployment
– Collaborate with product owner, scrum master, and development team on work assignments providing recommended solution or approach to complete the work
– Assume ownership and resolve issues with little to no direction
– Establish and manage backlog for inclusion in agile processes
– Engage in agile adoption, practices, and culture
– Provide clients with guidance in complying with Center of Excellence governance requirements
– Analyze and interpret data, develop alternatives, share findings and recommendations, and consult with department, client organization, and/or corporate decision makers in support of departmental and/or company operations
– Gather, document, analyze, and draw conclusions on complex data and information after considering alternatives through independent research and analysis. Act as a key resource to department and division management
– Provide support to move project through existing implementation gates
– Exercises judgment on issues with minor to significant impact such as: identifying issues within a process that have a direct impact on the requesting department’s work/goals, identifies and implements resolution.
For immediate consideration, please send an updated resume to Pia at: email@example.com
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed