Senior Cyber Security Analyst
Atlanta, GA – mostly remote through Covid but onsite 2-3 days a week following
Contract to Perm
Must be US Citizen
Bachelor's Degree required
The Senior Cyber Security Analyst is a member of the Information Technology Team which supports and manages cyber security initiatives for the protection of the Corporation. This person will provide technical engineering, support, operational management, and subject matter expertise to internal cyber security initiatives. The Senior Cyber Security Analyst will support Incident Response, ongoing risk assessment activities, audit preparation and response, and evaluation of internal security controls and posture. This role reports to the Director of Cyber Security in Information Technology. Ability to travel within North America is not expected often but may be required. The position is located in Atlanta, GA.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Participate in the design, review, and support of information security solutions to reduce the company’s risk profile and ensure the right level of security is implemented.
· Closely coordinate and collaborate with internal IT Infrastructure teams on methodologies, strategies and technologies designed to enhance and continually improve cyber security posture.
· Ensure the proper level of documentation and processes are in place for and work closely with team members on response to audit and assessments.
· Implement and maintain systems security controls such as Identity and Access Management systems, Privileged Account Management, Data Loss Prevention, and other commercial off the shelf security tools.
· Respond to security alerts/incidents and be able to review and investigate systems such as network firewalls, intrusion detection systems, packet capture devices, data loss prevention tools, endpoint protection/anti-virus/anti-malware and other commercial off the shelf and open source security tools.
· Assist in assessing the effectiveness and possible impact of any threats and associated susceptibility of the corporation’s technology assets.
· Collaborate in the evaluation of new and emerging security tools and technologies.
· Assist with development of metrics and provide routine security reports.
· Assist with the development of cyber security training materials and awareness for general staff and IT service resources (e.g., client side support).
The successful candidate will have:
· A Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical field and a minimum of 5 years related technical experience.
· Broad generalized security technical background, critical thinking and troubleshooting proficiencies.
· Strong Microsoft Windows, Cloud Systems, Active Directory security knowledge.
· Depth of understanding of TCP/IP, secure network, operating system, coding, and encryption concepts.
· Ability to develop detailed process and procedure documentation and pull together required documentation for potential assessments and audits.
- Familiarity with security best practices, standards, auditing, and compliance initiatives such as NIST 800-53, 800-171, SOC Trust Services Criteria, and CIP.
· A capacity to thrive in a dynamic environment where priorities can change frequently.
· Strong communications and interpersonal skills to build and maintain ongoing business relationships with employees, vendors, and clients at all levels of the organization.
· Ability to understand and learn technical specifications, system requirements and other application design information as needed.
- Familiarity with security strategy, past and current threat actors, and associated tactics and tools.
· Experience in:
o Identity and Access Management Solutions
o Privileged Access Management Solutions
o Security Architecture, Operations, and Monitoring
o Threat and Vulnerability Management, Discovery, and Remediation
o Security Incident Response and Forensics from discovery to lessons learned
o Penetration Testing Methodology and Response
o Public & Private Key Infrastructure Management and Solutions
o Use of Cyber Threat Intelligence platforms and technologies
o Working with Managed Security Services Providers
o Matching technology controls with corporate policy, procedures, and business need
· Familiarity with Cisco, Palo Alto, CheckPoint, VMWare, Citrix, Thales, Linux, Microsoft, and other Cloud services and technologies.
Additional desired attributes include:
- CISSP, CISA, GIAC / SANS, CPP, CEH, MS Azure Security / Architect, or other security related certifications.
· Background check will be conducted prior to employment.
· In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
· Ability to travel if needed between offices.
· This position has been classified as exempt.
· Position will be required to participate in on call rotation.
· Position may be required to participate in weekend and after hours security response, patching and change control duties.
· Position is located in Atlanta, GA.
For immediate consideration please contact Denise Wicks at contact button below or call 770-346-7205.
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed