Cyber Security Analyst
6 month contract
Tuesday night – Sat AM – 9PM -7 AM
The Cyber Security Analyst participates in monitoring, hunting and responding to cyber security events. He or She, provides a front-line role during cyber security incidents, identifying the extent of the threat, business impacts and advising or sometimes performing the most suitable course of action to contain, eradicate and remediate an incident. the Cyber Security Analyst maintains a good knowledge of the threat landscape, helps enhance visibility and response capabilities by identifying new methods of detecting threats. The Cyber Security Analyst is proactive and seeks out adversaries determined to negatively impact company reputation, financial interest or threatens the safety of our employees and customers.
Candidates are expected to discuss and demonstrate they meet required qualifications for applicable roles.
- Take action on security events presented to Analyst via SIEM, user submissions, dashboards, etc.
- Self-initiate hunting initiatives to discover potential breaches or undiscovered cyber threats
- Remain abreast of emerging threat patterns and provide recommendations to detect threats
- Assists with patching recommendations and workarounds for zero-day threats.
- Coordinate mitigation or remediations task with stakeholders or supporting teams
- Communicates with management on incident updates.
- Monitors SIEM and analyzes security events to determine appropriate actions
- Monitors emails containing links/attachments associated with potential phishing attempts to determine appropriate actions
- Identify and tune false positives associated with current security events
- Document analytical steps and findings associated with security event investigations
OR (for Senior Analyst all the above including)
- Escalation resource for other Cyber Security Analyst
- Represents Security Operations Center at internal/external meetings
- Develop use cases to increase visibility across company threat landscape
- Draft processes and procedures associated with daily operations
Qualifications Required for Cyber Security Analyst
- 2 years IT security experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in performing analysis on Windows and LINUX/UNIX systems
- Minimum 2 years of experience and/or familiarity in the following areas: o Network/Endpoint: analysis tools
- Scripting languages
- Windows/Unix command line utilities
- Reputation analysis associated with IP’s, Domains, Email Addresses
- Ticketing Systems
- Required to submit to a background examination. Experience operating within a security application such as Kali, Metasploit, and etc.
For immediate consideration please contact Denise Wicks at contact button below or call 770-346-7205.
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed