Customer Relations Supervisor
Atlanta, GA (Remote now through Covid – Post Covid some onsite/remote)
Contract to Perm
Need someone who understands Customer Care at an escalated level vs front line calls. Supervising 7-8 team members diffusing and resolving high-level issues such as Better Business Bureau, Georgia Public Service Commission complaints, etc. Utilize existing reports (ACD, etc.) as well as help establish new metrics or reports needed. Manage deadlines. Utility experience highly desired.
The purpose of this position is to supervise the daily operations of the Consumer Relations Team. The incumbent will help lead in the planning and directing of the Customer Relations strategic and long-term goals. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that all work is completed in an acceptable, compliant and timely manner. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring the team is responding to service requests, questions, complaints, billing and general inquiries, with the highest degree of courtesy and professionalism to resolve customer issues. The incumbent is also responsible for owning the processing of all back-office requests, enrollment and system exceptions, and the daily correspondence responses while ensuring compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and ordinances. Responsibilities include the direct supervision and development of hourly employees and the development, monitoring and delivery of key performance indicators and regulatory service levels.
Job Responsibilities & Accountabilities by Competency
• Supervise employee activity (work management, delegation) to ensure attainment of work goals including but not limited to creating and managing employee schedules and work distribution and delegation.
• Develop, create, monitor and measure goals and metrics (service level, productivity, quality) and ensure alignment with corporate and departmental objectives.
• Responsible for ensuring team responses to customer, regulatory and legal inquiries are in accordance with established legal, regulatory, and service level requirements across multiple channels (phone, email, letter, call center, LDCs) Communicate and administer policy and procedure and ensures compliance within work team
• Develop and document work flow and Standard Operating Process (SOP) documentation for all functions executed within the department.
• Development of a dashboard to track related work activity for business process reporting & workload management.
• Develop and manage operational plan including contingency planning for core activities within assigned area of responsibility (based on strategic objectives)
• Align work processes in compliance with customer care policy and processes (customer contact handling, staffing and retention, workforce management, employee relations)
• Influence business decisions through root cause analysis, process validation, best practice research, and timely communication
• Implement best practices to improve the customer experience to include identification of process improvement initiatives to drive effectiveness, efficiency and reduce costs
• Analyze and interpret business data and information and prepare formal/informal feedback for Senior Leadership on team performance to include solutions to resolve any identified gaps in performance.
• Accountable for staff selection, development and retention for employee groups
• Leads monthly meetings with peer groups and upper management to discuss trends and performance in the customer experience functions
• Lead monthly communication forums within employee group to ensure information exchange, participation in decision making processes and improve team member engagement, productivity and overall job satisfaction
• Manage peer relationships to include assisting marketing and B2B teams with business acquisitions, planning, retention and management of customer expectations
• Accountable for department performance against objectives while ensuring focus on delivering high-quality, efficient, and empathetic service.
• Accountable for employee performance management, development and coaching
• Monitor, evaluate, and drive improvements to the verbal, written, and system skills of employees
• Develop action plans for the business and operation needs of the organization
• Develop training baseline for employee group
• Responsible for driving results, setting expectations, prioritizing work, evaluating results and taking corrective action as needed
• Must meet KPI and service level targets on a consistent basis
• Associates Degree or equivalent experience
• BA/BS degree
Related Work Experience:
• 5-7 years customer care leadership experience
• 2-3 years utility experience
• Equivalent academic education and work experience
Specific Skills & Knowledge:
• MS PowerPoint – basic proficiency
• MS Excel – intermediate proficiency
• MS Word- intermediate proficiency
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Planning and organization
• Time and task management
• Keyboard 40 WPM
For immediate consideration please contact Denise Wicks at contact button below or call 770-346-7205.
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed