Cloud Security Engineer
This role will be responsible for the design and implementation of security for Oracle Cloud Security, the IaaS, PaaS and SaaS elements within it, and any associated automation tooling.
The candidate will need to reference industry standard cloud security design patterns and apply them to existing DevOps processes in a fast-paced environment. This role will leverage the candidate’s development expertise in the areas of CI/CD pipeline security, API integration, and automation. Knowledge of more traditional security aspects like network security and operating systems will also be called upon. In addition, the role will be expected to maintain an Oracle CASB – a combined CASB and CSPM product. The successful monitoring of Oracle security events and integration with SIEM/SOAR processes is crucial to the security of the Oracle environment.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
· Minimum of three years’ experience with one or more of the following areas: network security, application security, endpoint security, system administration, identity and access management, data security, incident response or penetration testing
· Previous experience with building and operating resources within (Oracle Cloud or AWS or Azure or GCP)
· Experience integrating with a SIEM or other security monitoring environment
· Broad knowledge of core information security principles (e.g. access control, least privilege, data integrity) and security capabilities
· Experience in evaluating, recommending, and implementing new and emerging security products and technologies
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
· Familiarity with Information Security and regulatory frameworks and standards (i.e. CIS, NIST, MITRE, NERC ITIL, Cloud Security Alliance)
· Strong understanding of Linux operating system required
· Programming/Scripting Language experience strongly preferred e.g. Python, Perl, Angular, JS, PowerShell
· Experience with Firewall platforms like: Palo Alto Networks, Cisco, Checkpoint, Juniper
· Experience with DevOps and Agile methodologies preferred
· Industry certification preferred (CISSP, CISA, GIAC, CCSP, Cloud provider certifications)
· Design and implement cloud security controls for Technology Organization in IaaS/PaaS and SaaS implementations
· Work with engineering and operations teams to implement threat detection signals, deploy new tooling and improve response capabilities both in cloud and on-prem environments
· Participate with developers to aide application security best practices within cloud environments
· Assess existing cloud implementations, identifying security issues and prioritizing fixes
· Help develop and refine DevOps/SecOps processes in relation to cloud deployments.
· Engage and empower Technology Organization personnel and other business units to understand and apply information security concepts to mitigate corporate risk
· Plan, coordinate and provide subject matter leadership on information security projects
· Help customers understand and apply information security concepts, processes and technologies
· Maintain current knowledge of information security concepts, technologies, and practices
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed