Citrix Systems Engineer
Direct Hire – excellent benefits include base + bonus (averaging 150-175% of bonus past 5 years), medical, dental, 401K, pension, etc!
Atlanta, GA 30308
Remote through Covid than onsite 1-2 days a week
This position is primarily responsible for maintaining the uptime and viability of a Citrix Virtual Applications and Desktops environment. Working in a team setting, this role will focus on engineering, future planning and continually improving user experience. This includes owning day-to-day operational tasks, performing server builds, publishing applications, provisioning virtual desktops and acting as a virtualization SME for support personnel.
- BS/BA in Computer Science or MIS is desired
- Experience and knowledge of Citrix Virtual Applications and Desktops infrastructure version 1912 is required
- Experience scripting with PowerShell is required
- Experience and knowledge of Citrix Provisioning Server is required
- Experience and knowledge of Citrix Application Layering and User Layers is required
- Experience and knowledge of Citrix Workspace Environment Management is required
- Experience with VDI environments is required (large environments preferred)
- Experience working with a hybrid cloud environment is preferred
- Knowledge of RDS and Citrix licensing is preferred
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory and Citrix group policy is preferred
- Experience and knowledge of VMware ESX is preferred
- Experience and knowledge of VMWare Workspace ONE is preferred
- Ability to provide support for the implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Windows Operating Systems on physical and virtual platforms
- General knowledge of information technologies
- Ability to effectively organize tasks, manage multiple priorities/details, meet schedules, and deliver on customer commitments
- Ability to negotiate with and influence others – internally as well as vendors
- Ability to build relationships and work in a team atmosphere as well as work independently
- Ability to provide and accept feedback
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Professional oral and written communication skills are required
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicate progress, problems and best practices to management, leads and teammates.
- Work with virtualization architect and peers to develop progressive solutions and processes.
- Serve as a virtualization subject matter expert on project teams.
- Diagnose and resolve problems to maintain environment stability and provide third-level support to other areas both within and outside of IT.
- Follow standard processes for hardware, software and project completion, problem resolution and change management.
For immediate consideration please contact Denise Wicks at contact button below or call 770-346-7205.
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed