Job Title: Business Intelligence Analyst
Duration: 6 months
As part of the Information Technology Project Delivery Team (IT PMO), the Business Intelligence Analyst serves as a liaison between business users and the IT organization in order to provide valuable technology solutions, often in a Product Owner capacity. The Analyst will be responsible for providing compelling and thoughtful insights & analytics to support the many digital media channels across YouTube, Social, and Influencer Marketing. This role will collaborate with the IT, Media Insights, and Data Science teams to build, refine & manage data-centered solutions within our business intelligence visualization tools, utilizing multiple data sources. The Analyst will create and distribute actionable insights and reporting capabilities, providing key takeaways & recommendations to all levels of seniority. The role will partner with digital strategists, channel leads, media agencies, business & consumer insights teams to deliver thoughtful analyses that will drive strategic product, content, and marketing decisions. The ideal candidate will have a passion for data storytelling & interpretation, as well as the ability to provide actionable, compelling & digestible recommendations that impact strategy, content, marketing, and product. Strong analytical, data manipulation, interpretation and problem-solving skills with the ability to think creatively and manage a wide array of data sources is key. They will participate in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology solutions. They translate high-level business requirements into functional specifications for the IT organization, often in support of a larger project team that collaborates with the use of a modern project management tools. They have a knack for analyzing technology-driven processes and data in order to deliver actionable information that helps executives, managers and employees make informed business decisions. The breadth of projects and services they are expected to support range from web and mobile software development to IT infrastructure, integrated ERP solutions, data warehousing and insights reporting.
- Facilitate the collection of data from internal systems (and external sources), prepare it for analysis, run queries against the data and create requirements for: data visualizations, BI dashboards, and reports to make the results available to business users for decision-making and planning.
- Empathize with the relevant business stakeholders: Analyze and model the business domain to create a complete picture of work-flows and technical requirements fulfilled by existing and proposed technology.
- Define the business problem and primary objectives of new projects. Identify and validate the key business requirements.
- Lead cross-functional business process re-engineering teams and continuous improvement efforts.
- Create functional requirements in use cases. Coordinate requirements walk-through and signoffs, verifying with user representatives/stakeholders that use cases and process models accurately portray specific business needs.
- Define the scope and objectives of projects and establish communication channels.
- Define project requirements and communications to ensure that final deliverables of technical team meet the expectations of the end users.
- Solution assessment and validation is one of the main roles of a business analyst as it should be ensured that there are no gaps in the requirement process to the development stages.
- Facilitate interactions between the developers and module leads to insure that needs and expectations of user are effectively communicated to technical staff.
- Supervise systems testing phase to ensure compliance with business users’ requirements.
- Ensure quality assurance is delivered. Create, organize, and validate test cases, track testing status with a traceability matrix, and reports bugs to project team with thorough analysis.
- Leads User Acceptance Testing and supports with any end-user training needs through launch.
- Supervise change management process after the implementation of software systems.
Key Focus Areas:
- Insight & Reporting Creation – Generate thoughtful insights that drive business performance, help to improve optimization, and educate digital teams and executive leaders on the power of Red Bull’s digital presence. Help various teams understand content trends, performance, and competitive pacing.
- Provides expertise in business intelligence (data integration, staging, reporting and analytics), data warehousing, data provisioning and data architecture in a commercial environment.
- Understands methods of housing of internal and external data for specific projects and applications, comprehensive testing of systems to ensure data integrity and ensuring effective alignment of business requirements with technical solutions.
- Cross-Functional Alignment – Serve as key data and measurement resource, aligning with cross-functional teams and agencies across KPI’s, research projects and reporting.
- Applies understanding of data integration, application systems design, BI tools, relational and non-relational databases.
- Analytics platform expertise – be a Power User of data and analytics platforms, available to assist various teams on data pulls or train them on the platforms.
- Applies fundamentals of marketing analytics models, possessing the ability to identify applicable measures and dimensions in preparation for data science analysis.
- Supports the project lead with: knowledge transfers; documentation of as-is landscape & processes; definition, alignment, and prioritization of long-term roadmap; implementation of enterprise reporting and dashboarding; enhancement of data ingestion and access.
- Supports design, development, and working with automated test systems for both web and mobile platforms including creating test scripts and reporting to address areas such as front-end software scenarios, database impacts, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability in preparation for implementation.
What Does Success Look Like?
- Successful execution of project methodology for technology projects in all appropriate formats: waterfall, agile/scrum, and hybrid.
- Provides expertise regarding the integration of applications across the business.
- Understands and consistently applies the attributes and processes of current project and application development methodologies.
- Viewed both internally and externally as one that understand the context of the relevant business function and is a technical expert / critical technical resource across multiple disciplines.
- 3+ years of relevant digital analytics and research experience.
- Proven ability to sift through large amounts of data, identify critical information, develop hypotheses, apply relevant techniques, perform rigorous analyses quickly and consistently and make recommendations.
- Working knowledge of data, analytics and algorithms on digital platforms including YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Expert understanding and previous experience with standard project management methodologies and delivery approaches (waterfall and agile) including the frameworks outlined by PMI and Scrum Alliance.
- Extensive working experience with relevant business process engineering and scoping tools (Visio, JIRA, Confluence, Excel, InVision, Balsamiq, etc.) and how to apply them practically based on the project needs.
- Extensive working experience with business intelligence visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI, SAP Analytics Cloud, Domo) · Experience in understanding and/or providing SQL queries.
- A general understanding of digital analytics platforms including native sources (YouTube Analytics, Facebook Business Manager/Insights, etc) and third-party platforms (TrackMaven, Khoros/Spredfast, Tubular, CreatorIQ, etc).
- Experience working with owned, managed, and paid media insight platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Twitter, etc.).
- An understanding level knowledge of technical architecture, application systems design and integration.
- Experience and ability working in projects of varying sizes, complexities, and team structures.
- Experience and exposure to a range of technical environments and projects, including: IT Infrastructure, the software development lifecycle, cloud-based solutions (AWS preferred), database engineering, data analytics, and insights reporting.
- Experience working with highly governed testing for technology solutions; experience with testing tools and in test automation a plus (e.g. X-Ray, Selenium, Cucumber).
- Must have demonstrated strong communication and reporting skills with all levels of the project organization to align progress, issues, and decisions.
- Must have a track-record of delivering value through mission-critical projects.
- Experience with SAP or other ERP-integrated solutions a plus.
- Experience working for a global company preferred
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, other related field or equivalent work experience. Certifications in PMP, PRINCE2, CSM, CSPO, Six Sigma, or similar a bonus.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed