Azure Data Solutions Architect
Atlanta or Chicago
1-2 years contract to perm
W2 only – sorry no C2C
Seeking candidates authorized to work in the US now and in the future
Telecommuting available but may be times when coming in to office is necessary
Travel: Occasionally to attend in person workshops
Job Description for the Data Cloud Solutions Architect:
The Solution Architect, Cloud & Data, will work with stakeholders – both business and IT to gather functional and non-functional requirements, define and develop data oriented solution architecture involving Big Data and Microsoft Azure technologies that aligns with and supports the business and Technology Organization strategy and standards. Additionally, this position will be responsible for management and alignment of solutions across all technology platforms working closely with developers, data and infrastructure teams to optimize application code, ensuring reusable services, optimizing performance, planning capacity and ensuring app/data security.
Our client is in the process of implementing and moving to the MS Azure cloud. They are just starting this venture. They are seeking a contract to hire resource with Azure Cloud Architecture skills to join their team, and convert full time within 6-12 months.
This resource will be in charge of designing and architecting solutions on the MS Azure platform. The resource needs to have experience with Data warehouse and analytical solutions. Must have end to end vision and solutions experience with 4 layers. 1- ETL /SSIS to extract data; 2- data bricks and Python to transform, 3- Data lake- storing the data; 4- reporting, Power BI. Not creating the visualization but moving the data and creating it to be accessible for end users to create a self-service model. Architect should be able to model the data, utilizing different schemas for different solutions, and creating dimensional data modeling. Need someone who can hit the ground running in these areas
Not all of their data is in the cloud, there is still a good amount of on prem data and applications.
Other skills that are important are SDLC, Agile, Jira.
1- MS Cloud architecture experience end to end- 4 layers as seen below
2- Dimensional Data Modeling, creating schemas and different models for various data
3- Data warehouse experience.
SKILLS for the Data Cloud Solutions Architect:
- 10+ years of Data oriented solution architecture development experience utilizing Both On-Premises and Cloud (Azure) modern data architecture platforms and patterns.
- Ability to create context diagrams as well as conceptual, logical and physical architecture as well as data orchestration diagrams.
- 5+ years of hands on experience designing and developing data engineering and analytics solutions using tools such as Informatica, MSBI, Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks, Python, Azure Synapse and Power BI.
- Hands-on Experience designing and developing data models for structured and unstructured datasets.
- Hands-on experience designing and developing solutions involving data sourcing, enrichment and delivery using APIs & Web Services.
- Hands-on experience developing big data technologies such as Hadoop, HIVE and Spark
- Experience with Containerization methodologies – Docker, OpenShift etc.,
- Experience with Agile as well as DevOps, CI/CD methodologies
- Ability to provide guidance on app/data performance, high availability and disaster recovery.
- Experience with designing re-usable solution components and perform code-reviews.
- Experience working in a medium to large enterprise setting and collaborating multiple cross-functional teams
- Experience working on concurrent architecture assignments on multiple projects.
Desired skills for the Data Cloud Solutions Architect:
- Microsoft Azure Solution Architect and Data Engineer Certifications
- Experience in Utilities, Preferably Gas
- Experience in Data Governance processes and tools such as Informatica Data Catalog
- Experience in Data Quality processes and tools such as DQS
- Experience in Orchestration and Scheduling tools such as Autosys
- Experience with Agile methodology and tools such as JIRA
For immediate consideration please contact Denise Wicks at the link below or call 770-346-7205
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed