The Application Developer, II for Field, Integration, Compliance, GIS and Gas Operations Applications position within Technology Services will work with limited supervision to design and develop custom applications to support the Field, Integration, Compliance, GIS and Gas Operations Applications as well as the build and support of our COTS applications. Application Developer, II will complete projects, with supervision, which will include standard development using a variety of languages, web-based technologies, cognitive services, integration technologies, and native mobile applications.
Application Development, II – Essential Duties Include
- Assist in identifying potential solutions that leverage (when COTS system) rather than customization.
- Participate, with limited direction, in the creation of the Technical Design documents.
- Collaborate with Senior Programmers to plan for coding and overall program development.
- Able to translate specifications to create code that meets performance expectations/coding requirements.
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt it to new hardware, or to upgrade interfaces and improve performance based on specifications, with supervision.
- Able to troubleshoot, debug, maintain and improve existing software with limited supervision.
- Participate in system testing as required.
- Develop solutions and corresponding system documentation to technical problems of moderate scope and complexity while building the skills to increase complexity.
- Participate in deployment activities to implement designed solutions.
- Maintain and follow production support processes focused on identification and mitigation of root cause.
- Maintain the ability to ‘flex’ to meet customer demands (production support and project work).
- Prioritize work and deliver on project commitments.
- Ability to provide on-call support for moderately complex problems and incidents while building skill sets
- Considerable interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively is essential.
- Work, with supervision, to ensure strategies are aligned with Technology Organization goals and strategies.
· Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science or a related field
· A full working knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle and development principles
- Interest in and passion for learning and working in a fast-paced environment
- Understand the difference between various sized projects, enhancement projects and production support
- Ability to identify root cause for routine problems while working with other technical staff
- Basic understanding of Technical Design Documents and Specifications
- Exposure to software development projects.
- Ability to develop unit testing of code components or complete applications.
- Experience in system development practices, methodology and tools
- Experience with Agile delivery; Kanban; Scrum
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to provide on-call support for routine problems and incidents
- Excellent communication skills
- Working knowledge of ITIL processes and various programming languages.
- Languages: BizTalk, .NET, Java, Java Script/TypeScript, Python, C/C#/C++, JSON, HTML, CSS, Perl, Scala, SQL skills
- Frameworks: Xamarin, .NET Core/.NET Framework, Apigee, Windows communication Framework, Web API, Entity Framework, Jquery, Angular, Telerik Kendo Framework, MVC, Asp.net, Winforms
- Technology/Applications: ESRI, IBM MQSeries, IBM Websphere, DNV Noble Apps, iOS, Click, Maximo, CGI ARM, Itron
Please contact Christy.Cifreo@Synergishr.com or 770-346-7211
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed