Application Analyst, Customer Applications
Atlanta, GA (remote during Covid)
Competitive pay, excellent bonus and benefits!
The Applic Analyst, II for Customer Applications position within Technology Services will work with limited supervision to create detailed requirements and create functional and technical designs for custom applications to support the Customer applications. This includes requirements and designs to build and support of interfaces to COTS applications. Analysts will work closely with our Utility Business Systems partners to understand business requirements and refine into Functional and Technical designs. Additionally, Analysts will build utilize system knowledge required for production support and incident remediation as well as identifying the difference between an incident and a change request.
Application Analyst, II – Essential Duties Include
- Work with UBS, business partners, and supervision to understand the high-level requirements and changes being requested.
- Facilitate the creation of Functional Design documents for moderately complex projects and participate in the creation for more complex projects. Ensure initial requirements are reviewed and enhanced into a full functional requirement.
- Identify potential solutions that consider and leverage the base product (when COTS system) rather than customization.
- Participate in the creation of the Technical Design documents. Ensure all functional requirements are translated into the technical design to allow for seamless handover to the development team.
- Develop and implement Requirements Traceability to ensure all requirements are tested.
- Prioritize work and deliver on project commitments.
- Develop solutions to technical problems of a moderate scope and complexity
- Maintain and follow production support processes focused on identification and mitigation of root cause.
- Maintain the ability to ‘flex’ to meet customer demands often switching between production support, incident management, and project work.
- Ability to provide on-call support for moderately complex problems and incidents and assist junior employees in learning the support process
- Considerable interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively is essential.
- Ensure strategies are always in alignment with Technology Organization goals and strategies including following the Governance process and aligning with UBS.
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science or a related field
- A full working knowledge and understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Interest in and passion for learning and working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with all sized projects, enhancement projects and production support
- Ability to identify root cause as well as mitigation for moderately complex problems while working with other technical staff
- Working knowledge of Functional Design Documents, Technical Design Documents and Requirements Traceability matrices
- Working knowledge of business analyst processes, methodology and tools
- Experience with Agile delivery; Kanban; Scrum
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to provide on-call support for moderately complex problems and incidents
- Excellent communication skills
- Working knowledge of ITIL processes
- This position reports to the Supervisor, IT Customer Applications
Please contact Christy.Cifreo@Synergishr.com or 770-346-7211
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed